We are just about once week away from kicking off Vacation Bible School! Did you know that VBS is one of our largest outreaches to the community? Currently, we have 12 children registered to attend who have no church affiliation. That's an incredible opportunity to reach out to families!
We are still in great need of volunteers. We have capped class sizes and cannot enlarge them if we don't get enough volunteers, and we already have a few groups at maximum capacity.
So, how can you help?
Our most critical needs are a music rotation leader and preschool guides. The music rotation leader will see the first through fourth grade groups each day to learn songs that go along with the Bible story and theme. Lessons are well planned and laid out for you and there is a DVD to help lead the music. We also need an assistant for this rotation. Preschool guides will be assigned to a small group of preschoolers (two leaders per group of ten) and will take them to the rotations to participate in Bible study, Missions, Music, Crafts, Recreation, and Snacks. There is no planning required to be a guide, you just come enjoy hanging out with your group of kids and taking them around to the exciting activities!
We also need volunteers for the following roles:
- nursery helper: This is keeping the babies and toddlers for our volunteers. We have a leader for this crew, but she needs more willing hands!
- preschool craft assistant: this job includes helping set crafts out between groups and helping the leader carry out the crafts.
- Preschool Music Assistant: help the lead teacher with the daily activities
- Registration Helpers: Greet children with a smile, give them their name tag, check them in, and point them in the right direction!
-VBX assistants: VBX is the exciting new program for 5th and 6th graders. We need two more helpers to hang out with this group and help with their activities during Bible study and application time.
-Guides for 1st - 4th graders: We need a couple more people to help lead these small groups around. No planning involved with this job either!
- Snack Helpers: We need some willing workers to help assemble, pass out, and clean up snacks throughout the morning
Please register online if you are able to help. Here is the link: https://kideventpro.lifeway.com/myChurch/?id=53073
Also, if you can't help all week, but can come some of the days, let us know what days you'll be there and we will have a job for you!
We could also use help decoraing next week. We will be working on decorations tuesday-thrusday from 9-12 plus Saturday as well. If you can help please do!
Above all, please pray for the week ahead of us. Pray for the children who will hear the gospel, many of them for the first time. Pray that seeds would be planted in lives of children that will one day bear fruit to the glory of God. Pray that we would be fully staffed in a timely manner so that we can have a smoothly run VBS!